From the humahuaca´s gorge to the yungas in the calilegua national park
Maximun Altitude: 4165 meters.
Expedition Overall lenght: Five days, four nights (68 walked kilómeters).
Operates: March to November.
The trek itself begins in the village of Tilcara located inside of the “Quebrada de Humahuaca” until the cloud forest of the Calilegua National Park. In just 68 km of a well-marked pathways used thousands of years before by early settlers who exchanged or collected resources of both ecological levels we are going to change the semi-desert environment for a Sub-tropical jungle. You will be amazed by the differences on the scenic landscapes and stunning views. Local people will show us their customs and everyday routines, living there in full contact with nature will teach us about the difficulty of living away from civilization, but also to give value to everything that nature provides…gas.
No need technical expertise in trekking, but previous experience of walking and camping in wilderness areas
The transportation of all the camp equipment, customer’s backpacks are made with horses and mules.
Single tents are also available.
- Day 1: Salta – Humahuaca`s Gorge excursion, finishing in Tilcara. Welcome dinner to meet the rest of the crew, guides, assistants and verified the equipment – Night in Tilcara
Beginning of the trek
- Day 2: From Tilcara to Huairahuasi – Distance: 20km (8 to 10 hours) – Maximum Altitude: 4165m
- Day 3: From Huairahuasi to Molulo – Distance: 13 km (4 to 6 hours) – Maximum Altitude: 3450m
- Day 4: From Molulo to San Lucas – Distance: 22km (8 to 10 hours) – Maximum Altitude: 3000m.
- Day 5: From San Lucas to Peña Alta – Distance: 13km (4 to 6 hours) – Maximum Altitude: 1800m
Transfer to Salta
1 night in B&B / 3 nights in camp
4 lunches / 4 dinners /4 breakfasts
Camp equipment (single tents available)
Transportation Salta/Tilcara and return
|What’s not included?
Any other service not mentioned